The Physical Science Faculty have started a club last academic year by the name PSCIFE (Physical Science Club for Information, Fun and Education). There was a competition for the physical science students to suggest a name for the same. Under the voting system, this acronym was selected as suggested by Ms. S K Fatema of B.Sc. (MSCs) III year, 2008-’11. The purpose of having this club is:
1. To have better inter- departmental interaction for both students and staff
2. To conduct activities like paper presentation, poster presentation, quiz, fun games, brain quest, etc.
3. To encourage their analytical skills and to stimulate their thinking and develop confidence.
4. To make the students more creative
5. To try and remove the inhibition that some of the students may have.
Mrs.Leela Santi and Mrs.P Rajini are the coordinating members of the club.
PSCIFE ACTIVITIES 2012-‘13 :
The PSCIFE activities for the academic year 2012-’13 started with a bang on the 22nd of June, 2012, with a quiz competition for II year students. The quiz was based on general mathematics and the syllabus in 3D and Differential Equations which they learnt in their first year.
16 teams with 2 students in each team took part in Phase I with three teams finally entering the final Phase IV. The winners were Ankur Tyagi and Shiv Kumar Katiyar of MPCs II year. The audience also participated with full enthusiasm which consisted of not only students but also lecturers!
|The HOD, Dr. K Vasudeva Rao, with the winners, Ankur Tyagi (left) and Shiv Kumar Katiyar||The HOD, Dr. K Vasudeva Rao, giving the prizes to the I runners –up – G Harish & N Harish of MSCs II Year.|